Once the Christmas Tree comes down and the last of the New Year’s champagne has been drank, the holiday season has come to a close. What that means from a fashion standpoint is that it’s time to start thinking red—for Valentine’s Day! While you may not wear a candy ring or a bright, gaudy heart-shaped necklace like you did in middle school, there’s no reason you can’t embrace the holiday and accessorize with red. Consider these five great ways to accessorize with red this winter.
- Red Earrings – The best thing about red earrings is that it is sure to get you noticed. Why not wear a hue of red and match them to a muted red lip? One thing to note is that red earrings will draw attention to your beautiful face which is a great way to draw people to your eyes. 7 Charming Sisters' The Floor is Yours red cranberry earrings will compilment any look.
- Red Shoes – No, not necessarily ruby slippers! Red shoes can be a fun, lighthearted addition to an otherwise simple outfit. Take a basic black dress, for instance and pair it with red pumps and suddenly you elevate it to a whole new level. If you are more of a laid back type of dresser, perhaps some red Converse would be more your style—what fun those can be for Valentine’s day or anytime you want to stand out from the crowd.
- A Red Statement Necklace – Choose a statement piece for your necklace, such as the Strategically Sexy red statement necklace. This type of statement piece is designed for maximum impact, so you will likely want to wear it with a low-key outfit. You are sure to turn heads every time you don a piece like this—especially in a bright red hue!
- The Red Scarf – Scarfs seem to be hot year after year! An infinity scarf can be worn in many different ways, and you can utilize it as a belt, hair accessory or as a traditional scarf too. Wearing a scarf instantly makes an outfit look more classy and sophisticated than it otherwise would—making it a great idea to keep one in your car just for those moments that you need to dress up your work attire for a night on the town.
- The Red Cami – While not a traditional accessory, the camisole is a must-have garment, so why not step away from the standard white, black and cream and try something fun? A bright red shade will look great for Valentine’s Day and can completely change the look and feel of the outfit you wear it with.
With these tips, you'll be accessorizing with red in no time! Just remember, no matter how small the piece, red WILL turn heads! So, make sure you are dressed to impress and be ready to get plenty of compliments! If you don’t already have a valentine, choosing the perfect signature red piece could be the key to finding one this year. On the other hand, if you are already involved, you might figure out the secret to making your loved on put down their phone—and focus their eyes on YOU! After all, that’s what Valentine’s Day is really all about!